23 Jul 2013

Designer Days in Paris

I can't believe I haven't posted this before, my trip to Paris seems like a long time ago now, but I must share this beautiful work with you.

 My trip coincided with Designer Days in Paris, there were lots of exhibitions happening.  The best thing I saw, which was in the Museum of Decorative Arts (which I'm ashamed to say I hadn't been to before).

It was called Heros by Sabrina Transiskus and it was for Sevres Cite de la ceramique, you can read more about the project by clicking here.

I wasn't familiar with Sabrina's work, but I'm very glad I am now it was so beautiful and such a clever idea, yet had a sense of transience.  I love that about paper, it's sense of impermanence and fragility.

As everything was white it was rather difficult to photograph (that's my excuse anyway!)

the invigilator photo bombed me,  she just moved into shot as I took the picture and then stayed there, so I couldn't retake it


You can see she's still there

Ah finally she moved!





They are gorgeous aren't they, the paper and the porcelain work so well together, it was hard to tell at first what they were made of.

What do you think? do you love the fragility and impermanence of paper or is there another quality that appeals to you? Leave me a comment below, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading.

cx


2 comments:

  1. Claire these are delightful. I find that in the photographs it is impossible to tell where porcelain ends and paper begins - both are delicate and strong as materials, and in appearance.
    I have enjoyed all the photos from the exhibition in The Netherlands, thank you, and I especially like your birds. Of course I have loved them since first finding them in the Black Dog book Paper.
    The quality of paper which I am contemplating these days is that I can regard it as fibre which won't fray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olga It's hard to tell when you see them in real life where porcelain ends and paper begins, that what was most beautiful about them.

    Thanks for your kind comments :-)
    cx

    ReplyDelete