5 Nov 2012

James Aldrige - First Cut

I have been a fan of James' work for a long time, so i was very excited to see that he was also in the First Cut exhibition.  And I was even more excited when I arrived to find out he was also there installing his work and I got to meet him.

For the exhibition he produced the most amazing piece, possibly my favourite piece in the exhibition.  It is hugh and was made specifically for the show.  The installation process was pretty complicated and involved a lot of time in a scissor lift (which looked like a lot of fun), but wow! the finished piece is amazing. (Apologies that my photos are a bit blurry)

James Aldridge As above, so below 2012

James Aldridge As above, so below 2012

James Aldridge As above, so below (detail) 2012

James Aldridge As above, so below (detail) 2012


4 comments:

  1. Cool! Love seeing those site specific installations. So was it already cut and he assembled it onsite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was already cut, 8 panels I think, and assembled on site. He cut the piece out of 400gsm white paper (!!!) and sprayed black once cut.

    ReplyDelete