1 May 2012

Save the Bees - new paper cut

I was reading an article about bees recently, which highlighted the problems with certain pesticides and how the numbers of bees are in rapid decline and the problems that this will create.  It is so saddening that we could loose this amazing natural resource if we don't change our use of pesticides.

Anyway, this is all by way of getting round to posting about a piece I made, coincidentally about bees, which I named 'Save Us' after reading about the plight of the bees.

The piece is hand cut out of a map of the British Isles.

Save Us - © Claire Brewster 2012






















Save Us (detail) - © Claire Brewster 2012

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love your work but this piece is just so beautiful. I am also feeling panic every time I read another article about 'colony collapse' and the irreversible consequences of the loss of these pollinators.

    Your work is just beautiful. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, thank you. I know, we seem to be sleep walking into these things, there are clear links between the use of pesticides and the decline of bees (and other wildlife), yet governments seems to be happy to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete