8 Jul 2011

The country is open

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front recently, which is mostly due to a busy month of deadlines and exciting new projects that I am working on.

One of the exciting projects involved a meeting at the London Transport Museum, I will tell more when there is more to tell.

I'd never been to the LTM before, and it was a revelation, a great museum, especially if you have kids.  They also have a great shop selling all things London Transport related.

They are very lucky having an amazing back catalog of advertising posters.

Most of my favourites are from the 1920's and 30's.  Here are some postcards that I picked up

By A A More from 1928









































I love the idea that the country has opening and closing times.

by Margaret Calkin James 1935





























By Henrietta Perry 1935















































This reminds me of Sonia Delaunay.

Now I must go find my extra large hat and go dance in the streets....



London Transport Museum they have a great online shop where you can purchase lots of their lovely posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment