5 Dec 2010

Sketch books

I was tidying out one of my cupboards recently and came across some old sketch books. 

They were from my last year at college.  Looking at them takes me straight back to that time, they are very raw and full of passion and energy and very full of angst. I'm not sure how I found the time to be so full of angst, it must have been very tiring. 

I do like the sense of freedom within the sketch books, it makes me want to get my paint brushes and glue out and make some collages.  I'll post them when I have had a chance to do some, it will be interesting to compare them with the pieces I used to make.








2 comments:

  1. Your use of texture in these older sketches is so lovely! I love finding long forgotten drawings and doodles. It puts your work in perspective for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina, yes its like a window into a different time.

    ReplyDelete